Monday, 6 February 2023 – A member of the WFTU in Indonesia, the KASBI Confederation has conducted the VI Congress for 3 days from 3 to 5 February 2023 in Tangerang through various processes and stages in accordance with the Statutes/ Bylaws of the KASBI Confederation. Was attended by around 400 delegates from various KASBI member labor unions from the federation structure, regions and also company/factory level unions throughout Indonesia. Apart from that, the 6th Congress of KASBI was also attended by representatives from the Taiwan International Workers Association (TIWA) represented by comrade Camel and Ella, as well as from the FKPB Sumatra (United Farmer Communication Forum) and SEMPRO (Progressive Student School).
In this congress, 8 plenary sessions have been held. These plenary sessions are chaired by three chairmen consisting of a chairperson, secretary and members. And all the leaders of this session were appointed from the delegates from various regions. The entire trial process was carried out with wisdom through various debates, differences of opinion, and various progressive ideas from the delegation participants. And all this is proof that the KASBI Confederation practices democratic principles through self-criticism, evaluation, and innovation for the advancement of progressive trade union organizations.
And finally it came to the hearing for the election of the management structure of the National Labor Council, the KASBI Central Management and the National Commander of BARA KASBI for the 2023-2027 period.
The VI KASBI Congress established the following structure:
The VI KASBI Congress established the management structure for the 2023-2027 period is : The Central Management of the KASBI Confederation for the 2023-2027 period are Sunarno as Chairman and Andi Kristiantono (Andi Peci) as General Secretary.
In this session the KASBI Confederation also established a program of struggle:
1. BUILDING PROGRESSIVE ALTERNATIVE POLITICAL POWER WITH MULTI SECTOR PEOPLE’S MOVEMENT GROUP
2. THE KASBI CONFEDERATION WILL NOT JOIN ANY POLITICAL PARTIES IN THE 2024 ELECTION CONTESTATION.
3. The KASBI Confederation will continue to carry the Ten Demands of the People (SEPULTURA) :
• Abolish the outsourcing/contract work law.
• Reject the politics of low wages, and apply a national living wage.
• Reject layoffs, union busting, and the criminalization of labor activists.
• Implement women’s labor rights, protect immigrants.
• Arrest and prosecute rogue companies.
• Reduce fuel and basic needs of the people.
• Apply social security, not social insurance coverage.
• Free education and health for the people.
• Reject privatization and build national industry for people’s welfare.
• Land and water for people’s welfare.
4. The KASBI Confederation will continue to fight against the issuance of Government Regulation in lie of Law on Job Creation.
Hopefully the elected KASBI Management will be able to add enthusiasm and motivation to the struggle of the workers, and be able to give birth to progressive-revolutionary ideas that will never fade away. Carrying out the mandate as KASBI Confederation Manager for the 2023-2027 period. And hopefully KASBI can lead the Indonesian Working Class to realize true Sovereignty of the People, so as to create an equal, prosperous and socially just life. A luta continua!
Long Live WFTU !
Long Live KASBI !
Muda, Berani , Militan !