On the occasion of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on the 29th of November, the WFTU reiterates its support and solidarity with the Palestinian people and their daily just struggle.
The year 2022 is one of the bloodiest years for the Palestinian people, the Israeli attacks resulted in 160 deaths recorded both in the West Bank and Gaza Strip since the beginning of the year, while many thousands were injured. Also, 5300 Palestinians were detained and imprisoned by the occupation forces including 620 children.
The murderous state of Israel instead of being condemned and punished for its crimes against humanity, it gets praise and support and a political cover from the leaders of the USA, EU and NATO, the so-called ”free world”. Israel gets billions of dollars in support from the imperialists instead of sanctions, while the Palestinian people live daily in fear of being arrested or killed for no reason but for being Palestinians. The WFTU condemns the imperialists’ hypocrisy and their two standards policy. At the same time, we denounce the equal distance policy of the ITUC and the yellow unions, and international silence towards the Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people.
The International class-oriented trade union movement denounces the daily attacks of the Israeli occupation forces, the murders, detentions, displacement, and targeting of workers, women and children.
The WFTU representing 105 million workers in 133 countries, expresses its unwavering support and long-standing internationalist solidarity with the heroic Palestinian people in their struggle for an independent homeland to live in freedom and their unalienable right to self-determination, their right to decide freely and democratically for their own present and future.
The WFTU firmly stands beside the Palestinian people since its foundation in 1945 with solidarity campaigns, demonstrations, protests, and practical support all the years and will always fight alongside the Palestinian people until the final victory. The WFTU and its militant affiliates have been and will always be on the right side of history with class solidarity and internationalism which are our strongest weapons against the barbaric Israeli state and its allies.
The WFTU continues the struggle alongside the Palestinian people for:
- The recognition of the Palestinian state on the 1967 borders and east Jerusalem as its capital.
- Put an end to the construction of settlements and the withdrawal of all settlers who settled across the 1967 borders.
- The demolition of the apartheid wall in Jerusalem.
- The right of all Palestinian refugees to return to their homes, based on the relevant decisions of the UN.
- The elimination of any exclusion or discrimination against the Palestinians in the West Bank and the Gaza strip
- The immediate release of all the political prisoners who are kept in Israeli prisons.
- The withdrawal of the Israeli army from all the occupied territories of 1967, including the Golan Heights and the Sheba area of Southern Lebanon.
The WFTU, on the occasion of the International Solidarity Day on November 29, 2022, calls upon all its affiliates and friends, the class-oriented militant trade unions to express their solidarity with every possible way.